Venable has an opportunity for a Legal Administrative Assistant experienced in supporting a commercial litigation practice to join our growing firm.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Court and administrative filings in federal courts and California state courts
- Prioritizing assignments and preparing often sensitive and detailed correspondence, such as responses to requests for information or regularly recurring reports, from rough draft or dictation.
- Preparing other routine as well as non-routine correspondence, legal documents, forms, presentations, and the like using advanced knowledge and skills with word processing related and other software programs.
- Efficiently proofreading and editing text for grammatical and typographical errors, and occasionally for content.
- Scheduling appointments, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, and maintaining business calendars as instructed.
- Effectively establishing and maintaining well organized files, while managing the integrity of original client documents.
- Assisting with partner billing, preparing bills for mailing, maintaining billing records, and recording attorney time.
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting a fast-paced probate practice preferred.
- Experience with CA state and federal court filing is required; knowledge of federal court local rules preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of document management systems (iManage/Filesite preferred).
- Advanced use of MS Word and Outlook; including the creation of Tables of Authorities.
- Intermediate to advanced computer aptitude to use various features of multiple software programs (including word processing, footnotes, redlining, copying/pasting, comparing documents).
- Ability to efficiently proof and edit (using edit marks) non-routine correspondence, reports and tables for typographical errors and sentence structure.
- Ability to draft routine correspondence, perform basic mathematical calculations, and maintain organizes record keeping and filing systems.
- Ability to multitask and meet time-sensitive deadlines, accepting responsibility for producing a complete and accurate work product.
- High level of communication skills requiring social sensitivity and willingness to gain extensive knowledge of department procedures in order to communicate effectively with staff, management, attorneys, and clients.
- Must be a problem solver, ability to work independently, display good judgement, and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to be organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
Venable holds certain guiding principles central to its hiring and employee development processes. We value integrity, collaboration, professionalism, hard work, and client service at every level. Interested in adding your voice to Venable? We would love to hear from you.
Apply today! ________________________________________________________________________________________
We comply with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.