You’re looking for a change, and so are we. At Venable, we know that every new hire brings valuable experience, new perspectives, and a chance to raise the bar on our approach to practice technologies. That’s why we’re looking for a Director of Practice Technologies to lead and foster the evolution of our firm-wide team.
Reporting to the Co-Chairs of our Litigation Division, the Director will be responsible for…
- Leading the firm-wide practice technologies function to ensure optimal services are provided to meet the needs of firm clients
- Providing technology expertise, consulting services, and guidance to legal staff and firm clients; providing guidance and support for discovery matters
- Overseeing development of guidelines, processes, best practices and standard operating procedures for practice technologies and electronic data discovery support
- Partnering with enterprise applications team, providing strategic, technical consultation and support to non-litigation lawyers and clients; partnering with data management, network and information security teams to oversee case data management
- Partnering with the Chief Technology Officer to coordinate contract and statement of work review process for all practice related applications
- Preparing annual Practice Technologies budget for application licensing, maintenance, data storage income and expense and update cost; providing guidance to case teams and clients in budgeting processes
- Participating on firm committees, task forces, and teams relating to practice technology training, communications, and support
- Promoting and fostering positive relationships with departments, business units and practice groups, creating improved technology alignment and capabilities
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- 8-10 years of progressive practice technologies and/or litigation support experience with overall leadership responsibility for management, operations, and employee management of the practice technologies, case management, trial support, e-discovery and/or litigation support functions within a law firm
- Expert‐level knowledge of litigation and other practice related information management systems, databases, case management, practice technology, discovery and evidence management, and imaging management software and systems
- Project management expertise to design, direct and implement best practices and processes that minimize risk and maximize opportunities for the firm and its clients through the efficient and cost-effective processing of work
- Strong goal-setting and strategic planning skills to support the evolution of practice technologies; aptitude for continuous improvement
- Proven experience having a strong focus on client service and responsiveness for internal and external clients; ability to work in a consultative manner.
- A commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others
- Ability to travel to other firm offices to attend meetings or provide support as needed
Investing your time and talents is no small matter—we know that superior service to our clients starts with an investment in you. Our competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and programs that support our employees’ well-being, families, and futures reflect our pride in our people. From our Director of Practice Technologies to our senior partners, Venable prioritizes the whole person in order to cultivate the most successful of relationships.