The eDiscovery Analyst will serve as the primary support for eDiscovery and Practice/Litigation Support requests and provides technical support in load file creation, database loading, image management and database design for various eDiscovery and Practice/Litigation Support tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide regular and timely updates of all assigned projects and is expected to work outside regular business hours to adequately complete tasks as needed or directed by the case team or Department Manager.
- Troubleshoot and provide support specific to litigation support applications and associated technologies to end-users.
- Cull, filter and de-duplicate raw data for document review.
- Create and manipulate load files for various applications.
- Process eDiscovery for attorney review in either Relativity or LAW Pre-discovery.
- Create transcript management databases per client requests in TextMap and provide support when needed.
- Manage the secure and stable transfer of client data
- Execute client data productions as requested by case team.
- Provide technical support and training to attorneys, paralegals and other team members across the Firm’s offices.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with case teams to assess goals and set realistic expectations throughout the eDiscovery process including identification, preservation, collection, processing, analysis, review and production of ESI and paper documents.
- Provide status reports and training to legal teams as needed.
- Create database/project structure used including Relativity.
- Forge collaborative partnerships among the legal teams the ePAS Department and throughout all offices.
- Track all case-related activity utilizing project management tools and complete all relevant tracking forms.
- Master new eDiscovery technologies and processes.
- Contribute to and enrich the knowledge base and expertise of the ePAS Department as a whole.
- Perform other duties as assigned by ePAS Management.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 1-3 years of relevant experience in eDiscovery or technical litigation support at either a Law Firm or Service Provider.
- Ability to effectively manage technical and quality issues with eDiscovery and litigation support providers.
- Excellent team work skills and strong client-service orientation.
- Working knowledge of software and hardware used in eDiscovery.
- Working knowledge of platforms such as Relativity, Concordance, LiveNote, TextMap, IPRO, CaseMap, Equivio, and LAW Pre-discovery.
- Understanding of other standard law firm applications.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- The ability to work concurrently on projects and flexibility in shifting focus.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision and under case specific pressure to meet deadlines.
- The ability work in an environment where excellent multi-tasking skills are key.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Cozen O’Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans
This is Philadelphia based role, hybrid work schedule 3 days in the office, 2 days remote.
Cozen O’Connor is committed to employing a diverse complement of attorneys and staff, and to fostering greater inclusion in the legal profession. We understand the organizational effectiveness that comes from welcoming and valuing differences within the firm, and we know that assembling a team with a rich diversity of perspectives and experience is necessary to provide the highest quality legal service. We encourage candidates to apply and join us in this effort.