Venable has an opportunity for a Legal Administrative Assistant experienced in supporting a commercial litigation practice to join our growing team.
The ideal candidates will be responsible for…
- Court and administrative filings in federal courts and California state courts
- Efficiently proofreading and editing text for grammatical and typographical errors, and occasionally for content
- Preparing correspondence including legal documents, forms, presentations, and the like using advanced knowledge and skills with word processing related and other software programs
- Scheduling appointments, making travel and/or meeting arrangements and maintaining business calendars
- Assisting with partner billing, including preparing bills for distribution, maintaining billing records and recording attorney time
- Prioritizing assignments and preparing often sensitive and detailed correspondence, such as responses to requests for information or regularly recurring reports, from rough draft or dictation
The successful candidates will demonstrate…
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting a fast-paced probate practice preferred
- Experience with CA state and federal court filing is required; knowledge of federal court local rules preferred
- Experience with MS Word and Outlook, including the creation of Tables of Authorities
- Intermediate to advanced computer aptitude to use various features of multiple software programs (including word processing, footnotes, redlining, copying/pasting, comparing documents)
- Ability to multitask and meet time-sensitive deadlines, accepting responsibility for producing a complete and accurate work product
- Strong proofreading skills and overall continual attention to detail
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
Venable holds certain guiding principles central to its hiring and employee development processes. We value integrity, collaboration, professionalism, hard work, and client service at every level. Interested in adding your voice to Venable? We would love to hear from you.
Apply today at:
We comply with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment
One thought on “Legal Administrative Assistant position at Venable LLP | Los Angeles, CA (Hybrid)”
Reblogged this on Legal Tech Talent Network.